[PD] building all external on linux

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Apr 12 16:36:18 CEST 2005

> libraries are a bad way to organize pd externals, we should try to
> make it as modular as possible. this is key to collaboration.

Sorry, i fail to understand this. Since this failure has now lasted for
several years i think it won't change anymore.
To my mind libraries are a valid way to organize things - i find it
more convenient to have one file that contains all the bundled features
than to have many files and a associated shared library that needs to
be installed somewhere to be found by the system (where under Windows
e.g.? in the /Winnt folder, or in pd/bin?)

>> - it doesn't handle flext externals
> flext has its own build system. its not the goal to handle this

Well no problem. It's good than that the flext build system can handle
plain PD externals.

best greetings,
Thomas