[PD] pdp_ieee1394: grabber,initialization failed

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 04:53:29 CEST 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 9:35 PM, ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:

>> ...yves:  can I have cvs access to pidip, too?  :-)
>
> no!! i'm sorry....
>
> now, all the code for gem2pdp is broken for linux users,

...actually, in this case, only pdp2gem was changed, so gem2pdp is just
as broken as it was...and as I mentioned in the last email, even this
was probably fixed in my last commit...

> i'm sorry, to me, OSX is just a side platform,

...and for me, linux is the same...are we playing tictactoe, checkers,
tit for tat?

> we're speaking about open-source here
> and i have a lot of friends that have linux on their MACS.

...by "MACS" I assume you mean laptop/powerbook?  Darwin is open
source, aqua ain't, so what?  You paid for your hardware right?

> the point is, if you submit code without having testing it on linux,
> it's a nonono..... lack of respect for real workers.

...Really, this is just farcical that you imagine that all changes
checked in are to be tested so widely...that's quite against the idea
of collaboration as I see it...and I think your way off the mark in
assuming what I respect, or am for that matter...?

> i asked you _many_ times to send me your code so that
> i can check it myself AND YOU NEVER DID...

...oh, I did send you the code, and I assumed that you had looked at it
when you gave IOhannes the ok (when you were recently in graz) to give
me cvs access...but I guess that assumption was way wrong, oh well...

> i don't even know if i can call it open-source....

...uh, why not?  It's source code out in the open, and not even using
any osx specific code? I certainly hope you aren't using any closed
source graphics drivers, that'd be thorny...

> sorry, that's definitively NO...
>
> if some smart guy give you the access to cvs, ok,
> then cvs will be a dead shit to me...
>
> maybe you think you're open-source,
> but think you have to collaborate more.

...I think you should think more before attacking people who ARE trying
to collaborate...and I think my track record is about as "open-source"
as it gets...

> it's not personal, jamie,

...everyone knows yr bark is worse than yr bite, but it's never
endearing...and I'll definitely not soon forget this...

> we'll have a beer sometimes...

...sure, or knock each other over the head with one :-\

ciao,
jamie