[PD] netreceive: how to have parameterized port numbers?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed May 4 10:25:42 CEST 2005

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> make it accessable from outside. But then, what happens to netsend
>> objects, that still are connected to a netreceive that changes it's port?
>

> and what happens if you close a patch, while still being connected ?

Okay, that's right. But when you close a patch you probably want to stop
using it.

> btw, does pd still crash when you do so on tcp/ip ? (that is one of the
> main reasons i soon started to use UDP)

well, in line 343 of x_net.c it says:

     	/* LATER make me clean up open connections */

I never tried it whether it crashes, but chances are high it does, at
least it calls for trouble if we just close the listening socket without
closing the connections.

Olaf