[PD] Bounty [Re: no licensing, no money?]

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu May 19 03:33:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

Why not make a decentralised bounty system? someone with a paypal
account is nominated 'treasurer' via a democratic process.  There then
exists a website where anyone can create feature requests. Anyone can
also add a bit of money towards a feature request, which goes into the
treasurer account. Then, once the feature has been completed, if a
majority of pledgers agree that the feature is completed, the money is
tranferred to the account of the developer who did it.

Not that I neccesarily agree with the concept of bounties in the open
source world, but to me if there had to be a system that would be a
logical one.

Best regards,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx