[PD] some alternative PD icons for OS X

Anthony Saunders anthony at overwhelmed.org
Fri May 20 19:14:42 CEST 2005

I just attempted to "Grab" a screenshot of this, but apparently you
can't grab a screen of the cmd-tab image.

the pd icon as included with pd on sourceforge is hard-left aligned,
and appears to use 127 of a possible 128 pixels in height. The corner
at the top and bottom left overlap with the white border of cmd-tab by
one pixel or so. This is on a current iBook, running 10.3.9 at
1024x768.

the hard left align and the vertical height of the icon are it's only
significant problems. It disrupts the horizontal visual distribution of
icons in the dock, and it calls great attention to itself when
cmd-tab-ing, simply because it takes up so much screen space compared
to a standard set of OS X apps like safari, mail, soundhack, finder,
etc. And finally, the font used for the "Pd" letters is heavily
pixelated, which also stands out.

Obviously, these aesthetic concerns are not a big deal in terms of
getting PD to work, but it's a little bit of polish that could be
applied and make it feel more native.

I'd be happy to get some input on what people think about this set and
take it into account for later versions...

Anthony