[PD] where's flext?

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Sun Jun 5 12:52:21 CEST 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, dafydd hughes wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I may be completely out to lunch here, but I'm stumped.
>
> Debian:
> I'm using debian packages for pd-0.38-4 and flext, which synaptic tells
> me is installed, but I can't find the flext directory.  I need this info
> in order to try and compile xsample.
>
> Am I just being a bonehead or is there something I'm missing?

Hi dafydd,

There are two parts to the problem. The flext package for Debian follows
the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) for Unix like operating
systems. You find all development and library files in /usr/lib/libflext*
and /usr/include/flext.

The second part is that I packaged the last release of flext (0.4.7),
while xsample only compiles against the flext CVS version.
So there is no way around to get flext from CVS too.

I am open for any help and suggestions how to improve the Debian flext
package, though.

Cheers,

Guenter