[PD] perspective in gem

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Wed Jun 15 18:12:16 CEST 2005

Miller Puckette wrote:
> I think this comes from the fact that Gem uses a very wide-angle virtual
> lens to look at the model space, the equivalent of a 40-ish mm camera lens.
> I think that parameter is controllable withing openGL but I can't find
> anything in Gem that allows to change this...
>
> simply making the cubes bigger and further away doesn't fix it; you really
> need a narrower camera angle.  Perhaps some Gem expert knows how to set this?

If you make the cubes the same size but further away:

[translateXYZ 0 0 -6.0]

[cube]

...and set the perspective so as to view a smaller part of the scene:

[perspec -0.3 0.3 -0.3 0.3 1 100(

[gemwin]

...you get the telephoto effect. And you can back off as far as you like
until you get the lack of perspective you desire, but there is no way to
have more than one point of view in a gemwin at the same time, except
for something like using pix_write and pix_image to save individual
views and then display them together.

Martin