[PD] [half OT] laptop processors for rt sound

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Jun 14 11:14:18 CEST 2005

> x86_64 is not more expensive than x86, there are a number of Turion
> notebooks from ASUS, HP, et al. this is my choice, since it allows for
> binary-sharing and distcc with a shuttle, but if you dont care about
> 64bit, pentium-M is also great, and runs pd quite a bit faster using
> less energy than a comparably-mhz'd athlon32 or P4..
well, i'd go for a pentium-m unless you like fan noise ;-)

> didnt try the latest pd CVS. does it fix the 64bit incompatibilty
> issues?
unless i really missed somethin, pd is broken on 64bit hardware ... if
i'd have some time / get my hands on an 64bit machine, i'd try to do
something ...
so the only thing to do is waiting ... 1, 10 or 100 years ... hopefully
pd will support 64bit machines before 128 bit processors become common

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs