[PD] text UI for PD ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 16 11:42:36 CEST 2005

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
>> Does anybody knows about a PD-ASCII-UI, ncurses or so?
>> like alsamixer for example...
>
> You can load/make PD-Patches with python (xmlrpc) and drive pd with
> -nogui or you use pdsend in a shell. But I think really building patches
> without the PD GUI will be a little bit hard ...

well, i think mart is not talking about a pd without a gui but about a
pd with a simpler (text) ui, which would nevertheless allow patching.

i think the answer is unfortunately "no", there is no such thing (except
if you can do patching with a text-editor, but this again is no pd "gui")

but you could run the pd-gui on another machine (with more ressources),
if that helps.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes