[PD] Chromium and Gem integration Q.

vade doktorp at mac.com
Fri Jun 17 23:39:19 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a rather interesting 'feasibility question' regarding
integrating chromium (http://chromium.sourceforge.net ) and pd/gem.

I will be entering a new media graduate program, and the CS dept at
the school has mentioned it would like to work with the integrated
digital media program in building and creating tools.

We are interested in using cave systems/multipipe projection systems
for interactive art performances, but no tools exist 'out of box' to
create a cave system with 'n' projectors in 'y'  configuration..
(afaik), that allow for realtime performance.

So I had the idea of potentially embedding the chromium engine in to
PD and Gem, which would allow for an interactive, dynamic, multi
screen environment that is now a platform for performance.

So, my question is, is it feasible to integrate chromium in to gem in
such away so that a gem patch could be run spanning multiple machines
and multiple displays? Im imagining a system  where one could
generate PD patches for, and then plug it in to a multipipe system
running chromium-PD/Gem.

Thanks for any information either way,

vade///