k_guile [Was: Re: [PD] Re: access environment variables from Pd?]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 24 11:07:08 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> hat gesagt: // Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> wrote:

> > or Guile:

Actually you'r k_guile helpfile also includes an example for this:

 eval (display(environ))

Regarding k_guile, I have some questions:

Where should I put the *.scm files (add.scm, any.scm,...) so that
opening the help file in /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/help-k_guile.pd
will find them?

I tried /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/ and /usr/lib/pd/extra (where
k_guile.pd_linux is) but in both cases, the k_guile objects don't get
created because k_guild cannot find add.scm etc.

Is it possible to add a kind of load-path as in Snd to k_guile (e.g.
in ~/.k_guile.scm)?

And third a suggesiton: I think it would be better, if the global
rc-file would not start with a dot as it does in /etc/.k_guile.scm,
because this fits better with the conventions for other rcfiles (like
/etc/bashrc vs. ~/.bashrc). I know, that I can "fix" this in
global.scm.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41