[PD] bang of loadbang

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 27 09:37:40 CEST 2005

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> (better include pd-list in CC)
>
> jmmmp hat gesagt: // jmmmp wrote:
>

> Ah, yes, interestingly the loadbang is not carried through to the
> outside world. I don't know if this is desireable or not. Anyways you

this has been discussed many times on the list (just search the archives
for loadbang and dynamic patching (yes, creating or renaming an object
can be considered as dynamic patching) and i still think that this is
not a bug (though not a feature either)

so [loadbang] bangs at patch loading time (as opposed to patch creating
time).
probably there is a need for [createbang] that bangs more often.

in the meanwhile, i think frank's suggestion is ok:

> can fake a loadbang by sending the message "loadbang" to a receiver
> called "pd-NAME_OF_SUBPATCH" or "pd-NAME_OF_ABSTRACTION.pd" as in
> attached patches. (Main patch is lb-test.pd)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes