[PD] bang of loadbang

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 26 23:31:44 CEST 2005

Hallo,

(better include pd-list in CC)

jmmmp hat gesagt: // jmmmp wrote:

> >It should bang again, and it think it always did, at least it does on
> >my machines.
>
> then I think something is not right here: I just made a test, an
> abstraction with loadbang connected to a print and outlet objects. in the
> parent the outlet of the abstraction is connected to a toggle. the print
> inside the abstraction accuses the bang everytime I change the parameters
> in the parent (which is actually the same as creating the abstraction
> again), but the toggle in the parent doesn't change.

Ah, yes, interestingly the loadbang is not carried through to the
outside world. I don't know if this is desireable or not. Anyways you
can fake a loadbang by sending the message "loadbang" to a receiver
called "pd-NAME_OF_SUBPATCH" or "pd-NAME_OF_ABSTRACTION.pd" as in
attached patches. (Main patch is lb-test.pd)

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41