[PD] on a continuing pidip install

Andrew Cavers andrew.cavers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 23:12:12 CEST 2005

Dominic,

You quitter you! I'm not giving up on my current Slack installation
just yet. It's taken me a month to get as many things installed on it
as I have so far and PiDiP is about the last thing I need to get
working!

Installing the latest version of ImageMagick solved the compile
problem. It all compiled fine. Then when I loaded pd with -lib pdp
/path/to/pdp and -lib pidip /path/to/pidip I get:

/home/andy/pidip-0.12.19/pidip.pd_linux:
/home/andy/pidip-0.12.19/pidip.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
quicktime_close
pidip: can't load library

The problem now was clearly with the quicktime install. I then
realised that the version of PDP that PD was loading was one I
compiled a while ago without quicktime support. I deleted that, made
sure that PD loaded the version of PDP with quicktime support and:

PDP: pure data packet
PiDiP : additional video processing objects for PDP : version 0.12.19
( ydegoyon at free.fr )
pdp_colorgrid: version 0.4, written by Yves Degoyon (ydegoyon at free.fr)
& Lluis Gomez i Bigorda (lluis at artefacte.org)

Looks like it's working! Haven't tried any patches yet. I'll save that
excitement for tomorrow. I still need to get my webcam working
anyway...

Yves - thanks a lot for your help!

Andrew.