[PD] PD0.38 and audio clicks (win me and xp)

kristof lauwers pd at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net
Tue Jul 12 16:30:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

After a couple of months of relative PD inactivity, i finally tried out pd
0.38-3 recently (comming from 0.37).
On the two computers i tried it on, there where clicks in the audio much
easier then with 0.37.

One computer is a rather old (5 years) Dell desktop with win ME and an RME
Digi96 card. On 0.37 i could run quite heavy patches with 20 ms latency
without troubles. On 0.38, even with a simple testtone patch, i constantly
get clicks at whatever latency.
The other comp is an pretty new Acer laptop with WinXP and an RME
Multiface.  The problems are not as bad as with the Dell, but, especially
when a lot is happening in the gui, i regulary get clicks, while in 0.37 i
only got clicks when using readsf~ until now..

Just something i wanted to report.  I hope i don't have to stick to 0.37 on
those machines in the future..

cheers,

kristof

kristof.lauwers at logosfoundation.org