[PD] simultaneous read and write in tables

matthew jones mj at isvr.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 15:34:45 CEST 2005

aha I get you.  Well to be honest I'm not entirely sure how to ensure
tabwrite~ writes before read.  Things happen in BLOCKS of data, not sample
by sample, so for example 64 numbers get written all at once and 64 samples
get READ all at once.  This however shouldn't mean you can't get what you're
trying to do to work, you just have to take care.  Maybe creation order
would dictate this? ie. make the read happen before the write? somebody?
A workaround may be to make the table larger and read ahead a few samples to
give you a bit more leeway.

The way I did loopsampling with tables is somewhat different tho.  First
fill the table completely, then just repeatedly read with tabplay~s
connected to a metro.  Guess you have a special reason for doing it your way
though.
Regards,

Matt

http://www.loopit.org