[PD] alsa full duplex on fc3 with intel8x0

Jacob Last jacoblast at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:43:03 CEST 2005

OK, I finally got around to compiling the pd-0.38-4-devel-2 tarball. I did:

./configure --enable-jack --enable-simd --enable-optimize
--enable-threadedsf --enable-gathreadlocks --enable-newhash
--enable-lockfree

Then 'make'. Compiles fine, when I run PD, I switch the audio driver
to ALSA. The pd console starts printing "tried but couldn't sync
A/D/A" almost immediately and the audio output skips every time the
message is printed. This happens even if I increase the audio buffer
size to ~ 100ms.

I also tried building with none of the extra config options...same behavior.

IOhannes, you suggested I patch the source with alsamm, but I couldn't
find that patch anywhere and suspect that it was incorporated already
since during the build I see "alsamm" come up at some point....is that
true?

On the positive side, it appears that my audio input is no longer
garbled, but I can't get rid of the constant skipping in the output.
Any clues?

Thanks a lot,
Jacob