[PD] using pd's ctlout to control other app?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jul 18 16:02:12 CEST 2005

Hallo,
wang changcun hat gesagt: // wang changcun wrote:

> can I use pd's ctlout to send midi signals out to
> control other apps like abletonlive?
> I found the midi patchbay, but I don't know how to use
> it to connect the two apps?

You didn't tell us your operating system.

I could tell you how this is done on Linux using aconnect, but for
Windows I'm no expert. However there also are virtual midi connections
available for Windows. I think, Midi Yoke was one of them. You need to
install something like this and then read the docs of it and then set
up your midi ports in a way, that Pd and Live are connected to each
other. Then Pd would use the virtual port to write midi data to, and
Live would need to read from the respective port.

Or are you on a Mac?

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44