[PD] flext externals crash PD

Jacob Last jacoblast at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 00:13:30 CEST 2005

Hi--

I was able to compile both the tutorial examples in flext and my own
simple flext externals fine when I was using version 0.4.7...now I'm
trying to use 0.5.0 with the new build system (which is great, btw),
and everything seems to compile fine, flext is installed. Then I
create a package.txt with the minimum info, i.e. just

NAME= myexternal
SRCS= main.cpp

It compiles fine, installs fine, but when I try to create an instance
of the object in a PD patch, PD crashes after a delay of about a half
second. I don't know how to trace the crash or anything. I'm on OS X
10.3.9, using Hans's installer PD package
(Pd-0.38-4-extended-RC1.app). This happens when I try to compile my
own externals using the buildsys as well as Thomas's tutorial examples
(I created similar package.txt files for those examples).

Starting PD from the command line, upon crashing it spits out

dyld: ./pd Undefined symbols:
_ZN11TableAnyMapD1Ev.eh
socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (54)
Trace/BPT trap

The only warning I get during any of the compile or install procedures is

/usr/src/flext/buildsys/mac/gnumake-gcc-ext.inc:40: warning:
overriding commands for target `pd-darwin/release-single'
/usr/src/flext/buildsys/mac/gnumake-gcc-ext.inc:36: warning: ignoring
old commands for target `pd-darwin/release-single'

when i do `build.sh pd gcc install` which doesn't seem like an issue.

Is there a problem with my use of the new build system or what? I'm stuck.

Thanks for the help and all the great work,

Jacob Last