Atmel AVR + Computer Music (was: Re: [PD] teabox [sensors])

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Mon Aug 15 16:30:45 CEST 2005

Speaking of sensors and PD and microcontrollers...

Anyone around here have experience with the Atmel AVR? I've been using a
PIC 18F, but have recently discovered that the AVR is supported by gcc,
and am eager to leave assembler behind as much as possible. I'd be
interested in anyone's general impressions, as well as experiences with
interfacing to PD/other music languages. How is the AVR better/worse
than PIC?

Thanks,
Ian