[PD] get maximum and its position of an array

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 15:21:42 CEST 2005

Sorry to reply so late to this, I wanted to see if anyone would present
an external that does this in the signal domain. Since no-one has, I
have added this functionality to my flib library (available via
http://www.puredata.org/Members/jb/ ).

The external is called bmax~, and it will take any signal e.g. from
tabreceive~ and report the value of the frame maximum to the left
outlet, and the locations of the first N occurrences of the maximum as a
size N list to the second outlet. N is given by the (optional) first
argument, with the default being 1 (just the location of the first
instance of the maximum is reported).

If you don't want to bother with the library, or need a makefile for a
platform other than windows, let me know and I'll try to sort it out.

Regards,

Jamie