[PD] elucidation on syncing r~'s

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Aug 26 22:46:07 CEST 2005

> however, it is not that easy: no loops in my patches (I wouldn't have
> been able to substitute them by patch cords would I), but nonetheless
> delays between r~s.
patch cords and audio busses (send~, catch~) are working completely
different ... patch cords are compiled into the dsp graph, audio busses
aren't ... you can rely on patch cords, you can't rely on busses...

i'd prefer to have the as part of the dsp graph, too and only resulting
block delays if necessary (feedback), but this would require some
non-trivial changes to pd's dsp core ... this would especially be
tricky, if dsp chains would be changed from one monolithic dsp chain to
segmented dsp chains...

cheers .... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs