[PD] HID and timestamp

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Aug 28 23:32:57 CEST 2005

Yes, this is an area that needs some work, but its not an easy problem
unfortunately.  Have you tried setting the poll time to 2ms?  That's
about as fast as it can go.  Basically, you can't expect smooth data
out of a device or sensor even it the values were coming out one at a
time.  I recommend smoothing the output using averaging or low-pass
filtering.  Try [hid_average] for example.

Going forward, it would be a good idea for [hid] to output one value
per cycle when polling absolute axes like what the Wacom gives you.
Its on the TODO list, but I have had little time recently to work on
[hid] since I am working numerous freelance jobs to pay the bills.  I
have applied for a 1 year fellowship to work on this, let's hope I get
it.

.hc