[PD] Edirol USB Keyboard

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 5 13:45:20 CEST 2005

Christian Veit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'am new to Linux(Kubuntu 5.04) and new to PD, i am trying to set up my USB
> MIDI Keyboard PCR-M30 in PD but it don't work.
> In Rosegarden the Keyboard works fine but in PD there is no reaction at MIDI
> when i Test MIDI and Audio.

the alsa-midi implementation of pd does not connect to other devices per
default.

just need to open a separate application that allows you to connect to
alsa-midi devices (pd is just another "midi-device"): look for
"qjacktcl", "aconnectgui" if you like GUIs; if you are comfortable with
the commandline, you can try "aconnect"; there is also an external
"aconnect" for pd in the CVS.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes