[PD] The parent patch file name... state saving

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 6 15:58:35 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Thomas O Fredericks hat gesagt: // Thomas O Fredericks wrote:

> I use a lot of VST~ and make custom programming for one shot
> installations. I want PD to remember what vsts I loaded and what program
> number was last selected. They have to be loaded as if they were actual
> PD objects. Automatic loading of a default state file just makes life
> simpler.

Well, why not just use a [loadbang] to load the state file. I do this
a lot. You may need to specify the full path because of Pd's way of
handling paths or use the "path finding" externals mentioned here in
the past (I don't remember their name, something like "pwd" or
"getdir") to get the name of the patch's directory.

Ciao