[PD] Symbol editing, date and time questions

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:13:46 CEST 2005

First, is it possible to edit a symbol, like delete 2 characters from the
end and add 3 others in their place? I'm currently saving each score as 2
files, with different extensions. I can do it fine with a "read" message,
but was kind of wishing to allow an openpanel.
 2nd, I was considering embedding an authorship message (I know some shady
characters who I don't trust), and wondered if it was possible to have Pd
query the computer's date automatically? Not a big deal, but I'm curious.
  Thanks.
Chuckk

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of
knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."