[PD] event sequencer

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 8 10:15:04 CEST 2005

Hallo,
shift8 hat gesagt: // shift8 wrote:

> seems i left a really important piece out of my state-saver/sequencer
> project when i tar'ed it up. ;)

Seems to be there's more missing: seq-tagged-3.pd used is
seq-tagged-v3.pd, I guess? seq_motor.pd isn't there.

Some quick comments: You use global sends a lot, however I'd need to
know which ones are used by you, if I'd want to use your patch.

For example, I'm not allowed to use "s1_in" in my own patches anymore.
This is quite a restriction IMO, especially when I'd need to look
inside the sequencer and follow its logic, to find out which sends are
taken. IMO (and I lined out reasons for this in my RRADical paper)
"libraries" of abstractions should not use global sends at all.

But probably you don't really intend to provide this as a "library",
right? However for Memento this was an important guideline while
designing it and it is responsible for some decisions, which might
seem a bit too complicated at first.

Ciao