[PD] send GET with netclient (pd <-> php)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 13 16:26:36 CEST 2005

hi eni

i thinks its no way that you can make HTTP GET-requests with pd. i don't
know if the server may skip this, but [netclient] puts an ';' after each
line.  further is  a correct GET request followed by two 'new
line'-charactrers. if you put these in your message-box, they are
skipped by [netclient].
for a short overview over the http-protocol and the syntax of GET, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP

if you send:

|send GET index.html HTTP/1.1 /

to telenet on  localhost, you get
'GET index.html HTTP/1.1;'
wich is not a valid GET-request.

suddenly the example-address you posted, didn't even work with telnet. i
would test with telnet first. it seems that some server want more info
in order make them send the requested page.

roman