[PD] getting ripped off...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 13 20:04:31 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> But then someone told me today about some fine print clause somewhere that
> says University of the Arts owns anything someone creates while they're
> here. Luckily, since no one here understands either the tuning systems or
> the inner workings of a PD patch, them knowing what I had in mind doesn't
> help them if they don't actually have it.
>
> So what I'm wondering is, is there such a thing as ownership with a PD
> patch? Can anyone direct me to info on this? I'd like to be prepared for
> anything this little trade school might try.

You should read the fine print very closely, maybe taking a lawyer's
advice into account as well. This has not much to do with ownership
for a Pd patch, actually, it also can also apply to all other kinds of
research and development as well as artistic work. Did you see the
video from Barcelona with Miller's talk? If not, do so and listen
closely to the story Miller tells about IRCAM and Max.

Ciao