[PD] Closing patches via pd message

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 14 17:35:45 CEST 2005

Well, there are two problems... first, in a performance you'd sure like
some way to avoid closing patches by accident, even if they're clean.
Second, it's possible to make a long audio recording into an array (for
example) without making the patch know it's "dirty".

I think the proper default behavior is the most careful one (the way it is
now), but am not sure how to allow or encourage the user to override this,
whether it should be selectively for individual patches, or as a global
override, or even some combination of both.

cheers
Miller