[PD] hidden files, fontsize

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 19 11:08:54 CEST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > I have repeatedly asked for this, since I am not very *NIX saavy.
> > Apparently no one else on the list is either!  I find it funny that
> > for having such vehement anti-commercial OS zealots on the list, no
> > one has the skills to throw together such a simple item...unless they
> > are too busy with important things like bickering against commercial
> > software to help a few neophytes out.
> feel free to implement these features yourself.

The file dialog is Tk's built-in one and i don't think you can change much
in it.

However it could be rewritten so that it gets a sane presentation, and I
mean anything like Motif or Gtk or Qt: vertical scrollbar (not
horizontal), user-defined filename filters,

Else I'm going to write a new file dialog for the DesireData project
within the next month, which could easily be backported to PucketteData.

oh, and Tcl/Tk is so easy to learn compared to C, so if Kyle wants to give
the file dialog coding a try it would be cool cause I would be able to
concentrate on the 666 other things on my TODO list.