[PD] RE: newWave

peggy pexon at web.de
Mon Sep 26 21:06:07 CEST 2005

>the 3rd inlet of [newWave] is the "height" inlet.
>alternatively (but why would you want to do that?) you could use
>[scaleXYZ 1 1 0.1] ;-)

When I use scale, the wave doesn't move any more.

The height inlet I tried before, with value 1 the spike is still very high,
it seems it doesn't have enough influence. It seems floats aren't accepted.
Does the third value if [position] have an influence, sometimes it seems
like?

> Sometimes the texturing with a video doesn't work, and pd crashs.

It seems to depend on some codec I use, for example cinepak doesn't work,
but its installed on the system (windows XP). In all video and 3D programms
I know (After Effects, Combustion, Premiere, 3D Studio Max, Cinema 4D,
visualJockey) the installed codecs are working. What codecs do work, what
does it depend on?

> I tried it with Pd version 0.38.0, but the newWave-patch didn't work.
>how does it not work ?

It simply doesn't show waves or they don't move, only when starting the
patch ther is a big resonance elongation, which explodes the surface.

Peggy