[PD] hdsp jack autostart

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 29 13:53:24 CEST 2005

marius schebella wrote:
> hi,

> After some listsearch I think I should do it like: hdsploader,
> hdspmixer, jack, pd. Does anybody know, if this will work?

this should work (at least this is the order we are doing by hand)

> has someone experience with more sophisticated autostart mechanisms,
> like, which programs need run as a minimum, how to run hdspmixer from a
> shell (I would like to run pd in -nogui mode), how to safely unmount the
no chance to run hdspmixer from a shell at all.
but somehow it should be possible to achieve the same via alsactl...

> harddrives after booting or no harddrives at all (maintenance by the
> museum personal is only turning on/off the fuses of the main electric

you could mount the harddrives read only (and put /var on a ramdisk)
or even better, you could try to make your system boot from a CD, so you
could do without a harddisk at all.

mfg.gr.sdf
IOhannes