[PD] gem performance tweaking ...

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Fri Sep 30 16:05:25 CEST 2005

Hallo!

I have some performance problems:

dri is enabled and with glxgears I get 900 fps or so (which is good I
guess ...)

anyway, if I start my installation the cpu goes sometimes up to 100%,
and I can see in top, that it's from pd and not from XFree or something
else ...
... but when I reduce the framerate in Gem, I get less cpu usage ... strange

(could it be, that the texturing is eating all the cpu - because it
makes no difference if I run it fullscreen or a little bit smaller ...)

LG
Georg

(the problems with that are of course the audio dropouts ... :(