[PD] deleting data structures

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 3 10:06:44 CEST 2005

Hallo,
david golightly hat gesagt: // david golightly wrote:

> I'm trying to teach myself how to use the data structure feature in 0.38-3

Stop right here! You lag behind an imporant version: pd 0.39 has much
improved data structures and extended documentation.

> - it seems this feature is still very much under development - is there a
> way to dynamically delete structures, to "un-append" them from a list?  I
> want data structures to appear alongside sound-events, then expire as the
> events pass on.

... however even 0.39 can not yet delete structure instances by
messages. I guess this is a bit tricky to implement, as it leads to
invalid pointers, however it would be really useful.

I guess you're already beyond that, but the pd~convention docs contain
a data structure tutorial by me, available on puredata.info in the
pd~convention Documentation folder, which is a bit easier to follow
than Miller's tutorial IMO, if you're really just starting out with
data structures. I need to update it to 0.39 though.

Ciao