[PD] help - building txt reader Gem

samuraiskillz at blueyonder.co.uk samuraiskillz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 22:14:25 CEST 2005

Hi list,

please have a look at the patch I have attached.

I am trying to build a patch that reads from a txt file then outputs the
text into Gem. I have done this. But I have a few questions that would
help me take it further.

At the moment I am getting a lot of errors, its probably something simple
but I have not found what it is yet?

One of the things I would like to do is get a piece of ascii art into Gem
via a txt file, how do I get Gem to leave the spaces in? at present it
just ignores more than one space.

I have the text moving up the screen, how would i get it to read each line
of the txt file in order one at a time and display them without killing
the previous line (think titles at start of starwars, ish).

Any other comments and advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

dominic