[PD] Trouble with Windows and OSC

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 10:26:15 CEST 2005

Hello!

I'm having some serious troubles with the version of
OSC 1.05 that I'm running on my Windows PC.  When I
send a message to the sendOSC object with more than 4
arguments, the recieving computer (using MAX) receives
nothing but errors.  When I send more than 6
arguments, PD crashes.  Are there updates for OSC and
windows machines?  Will I need to compile some source
code?  I've never done that before so I would need
some help on where to begin (getting the right
compiler, files, and putting them in a place where the
compiler can use them).  I'm trying to avoid using MAX
MSP and stick with open source software at all costs
so I hope there's something out there that has
addressed this problem on Windows machines.  Thanks in
advance!

Phil