[PD] Fwd: PD crashes on launch + fullscreen workaround

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 08:56:22 CEST 2005

On 16 Oct 2005, at 12:18 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 10/14/05, simon wise <simonxwise at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 0.39 (Pd-0.39test2-extended-RC0 from Hans, Gem 0.90, Macmini 1.42,
>> 1GB ram, OSX 10.4.2) seems to be stable as well - but [pix_movie]
>> seems broken - it plays a very zoomed-in version of quicktime movies
>> (all codecs that I have tried), on both the Minimac and my much
>> slower old Powerbook (OSX 10.4.2). [pix_film] works fine.
>
> Is it zoomed in to the point that it is only one pixel?  That would
> indicate using rectangle textures but feeding normalized 0..1 texture
> coordinates.  There should not be any difference between the way
> pix_movie and pix_film handle texture coordinates.

it seems to be only one pixel - at least the whole window is one even
colour. It isn't the centre pixel - but it is somewhere near the
middle. pix_film and pix_movie definitely behave differently (they
are both fine on pd 0.38) - see attached patch.

>> The Macmini has been a great (and not expensive) way to run
>> projectors except for one big problem - I only have clumsy
>> workarounds to get fullscreen images to the single main display.
>
> This has been addressed in CVS, and adds the ability to show and hide
> the menubar and Dock.

great! I'll switch to the CVS version as soon as possible

Simon