[PD] outputting firewire video?

Jon Weisz signalvsnoise at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 00:39:48 CEST 2005

I don't have any experience with this stuff at all, and I'm not sure I'm
even beginning to do this right.

I'm trying to output realtime video from a sony dv camera through
firewire... I've been reading through the other posts, but not really
finding the kind of basic help i'm looking for.

The script I've got now looks like this:

|Bang|
\
|gemhead|
\
|Driver 1(
\
|pix_video|
\
|pix_draw|

and umm... nothing seems to happen, so obviously i'm not doing this right.
I'm using the Dyne-Bolic live cd version 1.4 which has pd v. 0.37.4

Is there anything in particular I need to do to enable firewire? Any
tutorials anywhere that might help me be less of a newb?