[PD] outputting firewire video?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Oct 19 14:57:32 CEST 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Jon Weisz wrote:

> I don't have any experience with this stuff at all, and I'm not
> sure I'm even beginning to do this right.

...no prob, we all start somewhere...

> and umm... nothing seems to happen, so obviously i'm not doing this
> right.  I'm using the Dyne-Bolic live cd version 1.4 which has pd
> v. 0.37.4
>
> Is there anything in particular I need to do to enable firewire?
> Any tutorials anywhere that might help me be less of a newb?

...documentation can always be improved, but really, this is all
covered in the existing helpfiles (specifically "help/pix_video.pd")
which should have come with the gem archive...I'm not familiar with
the Dyne-Bolic live cd's layout, but I would hope that it would have
included the help file abstractions and the examples, of which the
04.video directory will be helpful for you...

good luck,
james