Compiling externals was [Re: [PD] ordered numbers]

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:45:41 CEST 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 5:47 AM, Jamie Bullock wrote:

> Very common (on unixes):
>
> ./configure       (builds the correct Makefile for your system)
> make              (runs the relevant build commands in the Makefile)
> make install      (places the compiled files in the correct
> directories;
> 			usually you must be root to do this)

Um. What if there is no configure and worse, no configure.ac (which you
use autoconf with ??)

> There is no generic way to compile source code.

For *.pd_darwin ??

For this instance, I would suggest the following Makefile:

NAME=sort
CSYM=sort

current: pd_darwin

pd_darwin: $(NAME).pd_darwin

.SUFFIXES: .pd_darwin

DARWINCFLAGS = -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes \
     -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch

.c.pd_darwin:
	#./tk2c.bash < $*.tk >$*.tk2c
	cc $(DARWINCFLAGS) $(LINUXINCLUDE) -o $*.o -c $*.c
	cc -bundle -undefined suppress  -flat_namespace -o $*.pd_darwin $*.o
	rm -f $*.o ../$*.pd_darwin
	ln -s $*/$*.pd_darwin ..

clean:
	rm -f *.o *.pd_* so_locations

Easy as that ?? I've used this Makefile for everything from the
IOhannes tutorials to recently the iemmatrix.pd_darwin from CVS. Quite
generic indeed.

-D5