[PD] Rradical prob ... im new

Matthew Williams mwilliams994 at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 23 20:08:08 CEST 2005

hey list,
     I'm new to the list  so i know i'll ask some very basic questions
so i apologize.  I really want to get to know pd and hopefully make
some nice real time midi manipulation patches,  and audio manip.
patches.  My first problem involves the Rradical abstractions.  I've
installed the Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC2,  so i could be up a running with
GEM, osc, zexy,  and all the externals,  and abstractions.  However,
whenever i try to load a Rradical patch i get this error

commun /volume $0
... couldn't create
  originator /mypatch $0
... couldn't create
  careGUI
... couldn't create
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

Then when the patch shows up in a window if i move a slider or
something i get

: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'

How might i fix this.  I follow the "extended" instructions (ie.  copy
the org.puredata.pd.plist to the user preferences folder )  By the way
i use OSX 10.3.9.  I've also installed TclTkAguaBI 8.4.10,  what am i
not doing.  I can't seem to get up and running with abstractions or
externals. Allthough the tutorial patches all work fine.  Also,  how
might i  upgrade to Pd 0.39.1 without losing all the stuff the pd
extended version has made available to me.

any help would be much appreciated,

Matt