[PD] the "any" object (pd on osx...)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 25 11:15:39 CEST 2005

Marius Schebella wrote:
> hi,
> thank you for your answer, I don't find iem_anything in my extra folder.
> there is only iem_anything_kernel. should it be there by default in hcs
> package? or do I have to compile the iemlib myself on osx (I did not try
> yet)?
> marius.

i think it is like this:

1. thomas deprecated the use of [iem_anything_kernel] (and a helping
abstraction) with the last iemlib-release (1.16), in favour of
[iem_anything] (which does everything by itself)

2. thomas does not care or know about the "great unified build-system
for all externals" (CVS:externals/build)

3. nobody else bothered to add iem_anything to the build system; but it
still references to iem_anything_kernel (which is still lying around in
thomas's sources)

4. most likely the installer you are using comes with the updated
abstractions of iemlib (or non at all), so there is no more wrapping
object for the [iem_anything_kernel]

how to fix it ?
short-term: get yourself an old release of iemlib (i guess 1.15 should
do) and copy the [any] abstraction to somewhere you can access it.
long-term: add iem_anything to the build-system and remove
iem_anything_kernel.

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes