[PD] Pd tutorials!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 6 19:33:38 CET 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>

>> So I just added some more sketches for the Pd intro tutorials.  They
>> are attached.  If anyone feels like trying to capture core concepts of
>> Pd in clever little patches, please post them here so they can be
>> gathered into a coherent tutorial
>>

> I somehow collect stuff like that as well for later use. It's at:
> http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/svn/goto10/pd-patches/fbar/tuts/
> and it's a bit unsorted and contains real tutorial stuff like this one
> on counting:
> http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/svn/goto10/pd-patches/fbar/tuts/
> counting.pd
> and also some random scribbling, for example:
> http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/svn/goto10/pd-patches/fbar/tuts/
> speed_of_change.pd
> which shows, how to easily get at a measurement of, how fast a slider
> was moved.
>
> It also contains a lot of junk. ;)

Some of these are great.  Wow, all this content is coming out of the
woodwork.  This is what often strikes me with Pd vs. Max: all of the
same externals, docs, tutorials, etc. exist for Pd as in Max, its just
in Max, they are easy to find.  I hope we can get all this great
content organized into some excellent tutorials.

By the way, some of these are too big for my screen:  1280x860
(PowerBook).  You must run really hires!  See previous comment about
targetting small screens ;).

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

                                        - Amy Smith