Re: Video Librarys (Was: [PD] [Newbie] Hello…)

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon Nov 7 00:45:12 CET 2005

I'm getting these threads confused since they are essentially asking
the same question.

If you absolutely have to play 9 clips on that laptop at 25 fps at the
same time, then you will need to use something other than PAL DV.  I
would suggest trying quarter frame PAL 352x288 using photo-jpeg
compression.  You will get smoother playback using the 'auto 1' 'rate
1' messages to pix_film since those use Quicktime's internal tasking
methods to get frames.

cgc