[PD] PD OSX packaging redux

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Nov 9 21:31:18 CET 2005

...sigh...

On Nov 9, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Lorenz Schori wrote:
> 3. [rant here] i don't like the darwin_app makefiles. i suggest you
> to break things down into logical units, e.g. throw out the html
> docs, do externals seperate, just concentrate on the objective
> (building the pd.app). so poeple looking at it will find what they
> need. [end of rant]. i don't want to discuss this further because i
> don't have the time to work on a better system.

...I don't think you've really understood or read the makefile in
darwin_app?  There already ARE ways to "throw" these things out:
looking down the list, I see breakups such as "darwin_app_wrapper",
"darwin_app_core", "darwin_app_docs",
"darwin_app_externals_standard", "darwin_app_externals_flext",
etc...I wonder what they're for?  Hmm, maybe if I search for those
terms, then I find that they are weirdly bunched on lines that start
with "darwin_app_externals" and "darwin_app"...oh drat, it's all too
much to think about, let's do something else...

> don't get me wrong. i like yours and hans work but i'm just a bit
> annoyed that i have to mess around with too much build related
> problems if i want to change just little things in pd.

...me too...

> keep up the work but please be a bit open for new ideas and try to
> understand them...

...I'm always listening...

james