[PD] midiout broken

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 12 21:34:04 CET 2005

I'm not sure what to do about this...  I patched the ALSA MIDI support from
the "devel" version and can't tell, looking at the CVS log, who wrote it.
It looks like alsa's MIDI implementation is wrong-headed (insists that
outgoing MIDI be formatted by the application) and would be a pain to
work around to get midiout to work correctly.

Probably the thing I should do right now is to print out a warning message
about it when people try to use it...

cheers
Miller