[PD] midi .smf files in PD

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Nov 14 00:59:46 CET 2005

Hello all,

I am wondering if pd can read .mid or .smf MIDI files? I am going to
write an abstraction for rhythm and pitch control and I would like to be
able to save to and read from files that I can edit and use in other
programs like Sonar. Is there a MIDI file tool? (I did see the
midifile.c entry on puredata.org, but I want to see if one is included
in the CVS PD be default first before I try to compile it)

Also, it might be nice to have a couple of help files in the docs
directory that lists all the file tools.

Lastly, I have some interface questions.
1. Is there a way to set the default font size in PD from the .pdrc
file? Every time I load pd i have to open the "font bomb" tool, set font
size to 8, and close the tool.
2. Is there a way to disable the "are you sure you want to close this
window" dialog?

Thank you all, once again!
-thewade