[PD] max msp vs pd

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 21:56:32 CET 2005

Hey sevy,

  Is it possible to use pdp/pidip with a non-accelerated, shared memory graphics card?
  If I can't I will sell my new laptop and buy another. That is a compliment to you my friend...

  BTW Musix+GNU looks great but I don't speak Spanish (but I'll do anything to get the best platform - within reason)

  Best,
  Ed

Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon at free.fr> wrote:
  Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Hallo,
>Pat Pagano hat gesagt: // Pat Pagano wrote:
>

>>>please, switch to linux..
>>>

>>Sure, which flavor do you suggest sevy?
>>

>Yves probably will suggest Gentoo or Linux from Scratch, but for
>starters Ubuntu is quite comfortable, though AGNULA/Demudi has better
>audio support (like the sound server set to off by default etc.)
>
>Ciao

i actually use a Fedora Core 3 ( a bit modified ),
cause i'm lazy...

but i've seen a very good distribution lately
that includes pd, it'argentinian and focused on music softwares :

MUSIX : http://www.musix.org.ar/

it even works, ardour, jack and all,
so, respekt !!

sevy