purepd WAS: Re: [PD] comport and bascom avr / ascii2any

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 22 03:49:40 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Thomas Grill wrote:

> > http://ds9a.nl/gcc-simd/fp-simd-builtins.html
> these pseudo-codelets also exist for MSVC and they are a real pain... you
> wouldn't want to use the code once you disassembled it.

Personally, all my MMX code is compiled, er, assembled I mean, by NASM.

But that assembly language isn't source code, because it's generated by a
Ruby script.

That's the stuff I coded in 2003 in order to accelerate GridFlow.

I might end up using GCC instead of NASM, but there isn't that much of a
reason to: it's not any more portable than the asm, and then using GCC
makes it more difficult for me to go to the next level, that is,
self-modifying code.